The iPhones are manufactured by Apple that presents a great combination of an iPod, computer, cellular phone, and digital camera. Including this entire feature in one device, users get the benefit of the touch screen also. IOS is the system that is used to run these iPhones. The regular release is seen by the apple iPhone with surprising additions and changes.
Apple iPhones are very expensive. People judge the status of a person caring in his or her hand. At the start, the prices were not that high, but a sudden price hike by Apple made it surprising for the users. Users have accepted these hikes as the devices so deserved against the hike. There were numerous features that were enough to make users fall in love and do various new things with it.
Still, there are many cellular users who can’t afford the higher range of Apple iPhones. There is another way to make the dream of such type of lovers true. You may also go for the option of a second hand iPhone or refurbished iPhone. This is a superb way for the lovers to get their desired model in cheaper value rather than facing the price whooping.
The residents of the countries where the subsidy is not available may have to deal with an exorbitant hike in the price. If you want, then you can go with other smartphone options. You may get many features at the most affordable prices. But if your mind is set for Apple choosing the second-hand purchase is the best suitable idea for you. Today Apple is a status symbol, and everybody wants to hold this status.
Whenever we choose an easy way, then definitely, there are some changes to have issues. If you want to walk on the short cut, then you must be ready for the tough diversions and bumpy way. If you are going to buy a second-hand or refurbished iPhone, then there are some risk factors that can lead you to get trapped in a foul play. A proper inquiry is possible when you, as a buyer, have enough knowledge about the things you need to enquire about. Below are some very important things that you need to know before buying a used one:
- Verification of the IMEI number: Many times, people buy the mobile phone that looks exactly the same as the iPhone by paying a high price. This happens due to a lack of knowledge in this stream. In used one purchase or refurbished maximum purchase, buyers complain about the cheat. A body replacement technique works to cheat people. Under this procedure, the parts of ordinary or cheaper mobile phones are inserted in the body of the iPhone.
Replaced body iPhone sellers are earning great profits by this cheating. Buyers need to be very smart to judge whether they are buying a genuine second-hand phone or a replaced body iPhone. If the buyer is not that smart to differentiate in genuine or replaced body phone, then soon the performance of parts, features, and software will start indicating cheating. The body replacement is generally done to hide the actual reason for none or improper functioning of the phone. A bad fall on the floor or water can be the reason behind improper functioning. The affected part replacement hides this accidental story. Buying a used one with a brand-new shine may also have the same story of part replacement. Every buyer should try some very simple steps to check if they are not going to be a victim of this cheating. Below are some guiding steps which everyone should follow, no matter buying a brand new or a used one:
- Go to the “setting” option
- Tap on the “general” option
- Tap on “about.”
- Now scroll down to see IMEI
Here you will find an IMEI number. You need to match this IMEI number from the number mentioned on the back of the same iPhone. You can also check the SIM card tray to match the IMEI or MEID number. If you find the mismatch in both IMEI numbers, then you can ask the seller to reduce the price, or you may refuse the deal. This is the way you may save yourself from fraud.
- Activation lock inquiry: Apple is much known for its strong safety measures. The sale of a stolen one is very tough. A new buyer or user will not be able to use the iPhone until he or she is linked to the same phone’s Apple ID. A new user needs to enter the previous owner’s Password then he needs to enter the new password by generating his new ID. Without going through this procedure, no one can use even a single option. This safety measure of Apple is just to reduce the number of sales of stolen phones. You need to check the activation lock status if you don’t want to be a victim to stuck in a stolen case. Below mentioned steps will help you in checking this status:
Go to settings, turn off the “find my phone option” from iCloud. If still, you are not able to use the phone, then you can take the help of the Apple online activation lock tool. Here you need to enter the IMEI number of the body.
- Blocked or unblocked IMEI number: We must buy the iPhone, other phones, or any gadget from the reputed seller. Big sellers like Amazon and Swappa may be very helpful in a purchase. Swappa allows a free online tool to check if the IMEI number is blocked or not. If the IMEI number is blacklisted, then it would be better if you drop this deal immediately.
- Unlink current owner: After buying, tell the seller to unlink his or her ID. You will not be able to use the phone until the owner unlinks him, and you create your new Id. If the seller refuses to do so, or he/she fails in this, then also this can be a stolen iPhone. Again there is a fraud alarm, so leave the deal and search for another option. You may get some better option of used phones in the future.
- The legitimacy of the used Apple iPhone: Head over to apple.com and type the serial number of your device. If it takes you to the next page, that means the used one is legit to buy and use.
- Water damage indicator: It is very easy to check the water damage. This calls for the advantage of advanced technology. During buying a used one, check for the water damage indicator. A red or pink indication reflects water damage. But as there are numerous variants available of iPhones so the water damage indication checking methods may vary model to model. For example, red line/ dot/or smudge on SIM tray slot,
- Ask for the buying details/ bill: Whenever you are buying a used one, make sure to take all the documents to complete this purchase. If due to any reason the seller refuses to give you the document, then also you need to stop the deal right there. For the servicing of your iPhone, you need to show the documents. So if you don’t have the bill or relevant document, it would be a trouble for you in the future.
If you follow all the above-mentioned tips before buying a used iPhone, then definitely, you will enjoy unbelievable experience with the amazing handset.