What comes to your mind when you hear about the term ‘hacker’? Nobody would blame you for viewing it negatively. Access to information and systems without permission has brought untold losses to many. The news is replete with situations where malicious hackers have obtained information from businesses, or organizations and used it the wrong way. The great news is, through the EC-Council CEH certification, this challenge has now been taken care of! Be informed on this certification and the related exam and on the relief they’ve brought businesses as well as on preparation steps you need to take to become certified. For more information check prepaway.com.
The EC-Council CEH Certification Details
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) vendor-neutral credential endorses your skills in identifying weaknesses in a target system. You’ll be using similar tools and knowledge as an unauthorized hacker but your access would be legitimate. The overall goal of these processes is to identify and seal any security loopholes to protect systems and data against any future attacks.
In other words, you have to learn how to develop a hacker mindset and how to use it in solving security challenges. Penetration testers carry out tasks such as scanning, hacking, testing, and securing systems in an organization.
The process of becoming an ethical hacker involves five phases that take you through the unique mastery process. You’ll get to know what approach to use in reaching your target and succeeding in breaking in every time you try to. These five phases are:
- Gaining access
- Covering your tracks
- Maintaining access
The EC-Council CEH Certification Exam Eligibility Requirements
You have two options to meet the EC-Council CEH certification exam requirements. You can only take the test if you have met any of the following preconditions:
- Attending official training through any of EC-Council’s ATCs (Authorized Training Centers), or
- If you haven’t attended any authorized training, you can take the exam if you can comply with these conditions:
- Proven working experience of 2 years in information security
- Remittance of non-refundable $100 as eligibility application fee
- Completion of an application form for exam eligibility
The EC-Council CEH Certification Exam Details and Outline
The CEH exam is the best way to identify if you have mastered the required ethical hacking concepts. You have to prepare and pass the test which details are as follows:
- Exam Code: 312-50, v10
- Questions Volume: 125
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice
- Time limit: 4 hours
- Delivery: VUE, ECC EXAM
- Pass Score: 60%-85%
- Price: Pearson VUE voucher ($1199), ECC exam voucher ($950)
For your prowess testing, the CEH 312-50 exam comprises 340 commonly applied attack technologies. The assessment tests you on specific knowledge and tasks domains, and demonstrates as well as validates your proficiency in the following topics: Footprinting and Reconnaissance, Vulnerability Analysis, Scanning Networks, System Hacking, Denial-of-Service, Hacking Web Servers, Malware Threats, Social Engineering, Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots, Injection, Hacking Wireless Networks, Cryptography, and Hacking Mobile Platforms, and more.
Exam 312-50 is designed for auditors, site administrators, security professionals, and anyone related to network infrastructure.
How to Prepare for the CEH Certification Exam with EC-Council
You can prepare for the exam through different opportunities:
- CEH Training Course
The EC-Council prepares candidates for the CEH 312-50 exam through an authorized trainers’ preparation program. It takes you through modules covering various attack technologies. The course also includes labs mimicking situations in real-life. In the end, you’ll have learned how to hack systems, check for vulnerabilities, and carry out mitigation measures. You’ll also know how to perform penetration testing as a critical security aspect.
- E-Learning and Study Guides
You can also decide to go for the self-study in your test preparation. The EC-Council iLearn Self-Study program is one of the fruitful resources to use. This online tutor-led study course will allow for attending the study from any place. Another reliable way to study for your EC-Council CEH exam is with a study guide such as CEH: Official CEH Review Guide. You can easily find this useful book on Amazon.
- Online Master Class and Training Partners
Discover the possibility to study from first-rate instructors and cooperate with top InfoSecurity experts. Otherwise, rate personal training to benefit from partner studying with your peers and gain highly-valuated skills and required expertise for the test just from your home!
PrepAway Top-Notch Training Materials
If you wish to know your speed in grasping the CEH exam content, try on the PrepAway training options providing you with an opportunity to find out more about the 312-50 exam, its required topics, and tricks to use.
- Enjoy all these benefits with 312-50v10 Premium Bundle just for $39.98, stuffed with Premium File 324 questions and answers, training course, and a huge informative study guide. Another way is purchasing each set individually.
- Check out the cute alternative of free 312-50v10 test questions to enjoy the calm and plentiful test preparation. These PrepAway exam dumps are the most valid and updated as they are uploaded on the website by the recent test takers.
- Go ahead and prove your exam preparedness using the 312-50v10 ETE exam simulation files. The free demo version, as well as Lite and Pro packages, can be downloaded right from the site.
- Open up the high-tech option to study with the ECCouncil CEH Training Courses filled with comprehensive course curriculum discovering all the weakness and other fragilities of target systems.
Proven Job Roles and Salaries towards EC-Council CEH Certification
Earning the CEH certification enables you to prove your expertise in any of the following in-demand security roles:
- Information security analyst
- Security engineer
- Penetration tester
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Security engineer
- Security analyst
As a Certified Ethical Hacker, you’ll indisputably earn an annual median salary as $91.000 up, according to PayScale report for CEH professionals.
If you’ve been wondering which security certification to go for, now you have the answer. The EC-Council CEH certification and the associated exam is a good way to offer your expertise to those who need it most. With numerous security challenges across the IT, your ethical hacking skills would be increasingly fruitful. The certification also gives you a credible way to enter the competitive information security field. Take a leap forward with the upgraded and validated skills in the cybersecurity field!