If you are a resident of Oklahoma, you already must have a fair idea of how flexible marijuana laws have made your state a haven for MMJ patients. Having legal access to marijuana in Oklahoma is much easier than in many other places; you only have to act in accordance with the state regulations. According to Veriheal, the steps that you must follow to apply for a mmj card are easy and convenient in Oklahoma, and this tech startup aims to provide the best possible solution for your needs concerning medical marijuana evaluations.
MMJ patients use the Web to embrace the convenience
Today, the number of MMJ patients turning to healthcare technology companies for expert advice and efficient solutions is increasing. These platforms are improving lives by bringing thousands of MMJ patients one step closer to certified cannabis doctors and the top-notch marijuana dispensaries in their respective locations. On various platforms, medical marijuana patients can set up appointments with MMJ doctors for an evaluation. If you are approved by the doctor, you will then be able to apply for a mmj license with the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority. Also, you will be given access to marijuana dispensaries in your location. Yes, it is that easy, convenient, and fast.
Is it really easy to apply for an MMJ card online in Oklahoma?
Even if you are using online platforms for the very first time, the steps are easy to follow. Oklahoma has changed the stringent marijuana laws to make them more lenient, only to give patients a fair chance to have much-needed relief in their lives. You will be happy to know that in Oklahoma, a wide range of medical conditions qualify as far as the usage of medical marijuana is considered. You will need a recommendation from a licensed physician. Also, the application must be signed by a local physician i.e., he/she must be located in Oklahoma itself.
First, you have to get approved by a certified physician to hold a MMJ card, and the entire process is not time-consuming, all thanks to companies like Veriheal, etc.!
Let us quickly take a look at the mandatory steps below –
- You first must register yourself on the website of a company which provides such services.
- Next, you will be asked to select the state you are living in and create a profile. It will connect you to the numerous certified and experienced cannabis physicians from every corner of Oklahoma, who will be available online. The best part is you will have the liberty to choose your suitable date and time to schedule the appointment, and the doctor will be available.
- It will connect you with registered physicians who can prescribe you medical marijuana if your health condition demands it. The doctor will evaluate your medical condition and answer all your queries about the usage of medical marijuana. You may go through the entire process from the comfort of your home via telehealth.
- After the evaluation, which usually does not take more than fifteen to twenty minutes, you might get approved by the doctor for medical marijuana if eligible. Some of these platforms offer a money-back guarantee if you get rejected somehow.
- If you are approved by the doctor, you have to complete your registration with the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority. Once the registration is done and approved, your MMJ card will arrive within two weeks or so.
Some additional information that you might be interested in
The physicians, working in collaboration with online platforms, work on this secure, HIPPA-compliant platform for managing their patients. Patients who need to renew their cards can also schedule an appointment with an mmj doctor online; only, in this case, the process is much easier and takes less time. The following are the qualifying conditions in the Oklahoma medical marijuana program:
- Chronic pain
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
The state of Oklahoma has not given out any stringent list of diseases for the approval of medical marijuana. It solely depends on the discretion of your physician. If your doctor approves of a medical condition that requires marijuana for relieving symptoms, then you will be eligible for an MMJ card.
Benefits of using a medical marijuana card
The card will allow you to purchase medical marijuana at medical dispensaries. You will be able to buy the best-in-class marijuana from the dispensaries in the entire state of Oklahoma. Now there are some additional benefits to having a MMJ card such as:
- You will get legal access to buy eight ounces of medical marijuana at a time.
- If you wish to purchase concentrated marijuana, the allowance is one ounce at a time.
- You can go for seventy-two ounces of marijuana in the form of edibles such as cannabutter, canna honey, and so on.
- Some people buy plants to grow marijuana in their homes. For them, the allowance is six seedlings or six mature marijuana plants.
- You can carry up to three ounces of marijuana in your pocket or bag.
How long does it take to receive the MMJ card in the mailbox?
You have to be 18 or above 18-years-old to qualify for the card. Apart from that, you have to submit an application for a Medical Marijuana Patient License through the Oklahoma Department of Health. Once your complete application is submitted, it takes no more than two weeks for their office to go through and verify the entire application. In case there are some discrepancies or say the form is incomplete, then you will receive a notification from the office. So, it is best to take professional help to get it right in the first go itself. The stepwise guidance will prove enormously beneficial, and with your brand-new MMJ card, you can go shopping at the nearest certified dispensaries with confidence.