Whiteboards are basically a replacement of blackboards and they are certainly better than their old school counterpart. The advantage of having a whiteboard is that you do not have to deal with those dusty chalks and it is much smoother to use a whiteboard. It is not only a useful tool for the teenagers but they are used in offices and even small kids can use it to practice alphabets. The use of whiteboards is not just restricted to educational institutes and this is one thing which makes them popular. Typically, whiteboards have really replaced the white and green boards from almost everywhere.
Apart from being used for writing, the whiteboard can also be used as a screen for the presentation. The surface of the whiteboard is non-reflective which helps you in using the whiteboard with the projector. Also, the magnetic area helps you in ticking the markers, pointer and other required things to the whiteboard.
If you are also planning to upgrade your board then you are at a right place because in this article, we have listed a short buying guide for the magnetic whiteboards and in addition to this, we have also reviewed some of the best magnetic whiteboards available in the India market. The advantage of this is that you would not have to search the web to find the right magnetic whiteboard for you. So, let us now start with a buying guide for magnetic whiteboard and then we will look at some of the best whiteboard available in the market.
Table of Contents
Buying Guide for Magnetic Whiteboard
There are certain things that you really need to consider while buying a magnetic whiteboard and this will help you in choosing the best one for yourself. In this section, you will be able to find all the details regarding the points that you must look at. Also, some of the points may have high priority for you while there might be some points which you can easily skip as well.
- Installation Area – First thing that you need to know is the place where you plan to install the whiteboard. Check out for the available space because you need to understand the size of the whiteboard that will fit in.
- Size of Magnetic Whiteboard – As mentioned in the point above, check for the area where you are installing the magnetic whiteboard and also see what size you need. For personal use, you can get a 4 feet x 2 feet. For an educational institute, the size depends on the wall area. The common one is 6 feet x 4 feet and 8 feet x 4 feet
- The material used – You can even choose the material that is used to make the whiteboard. The usual one is wood but you can also find the one made of porcelain, glass and melamine. The material that you will get depends on the budget as well.
- The writeable area – While you are checking for the size of the magnetic whiteboard, also check for the writeable area. There are some available with grids which makes it easy for kids to learn maths so you can buy those variants of the whiteboard as well.
- Easy to Maintain – Also check out the whiteboards that are easy to maintain. The marker should not leave a mark behind even after cleaning and the best way to check this is by checking the reviews of the whiteboard.
- Stand for Whiteboard – Another thing that you need to check is that if you need a stand for your whiteboard. Typically, you will need a stand for a size which is around 4 feet x 2 feet but again that is a personal choice. You can even choose to mount the whiteboard on the wall.
These are some of the things that you really need to consider when you are purchasing a whiteboard. Out of the factors listed above, the size remains to be the most important factor because of the fact that the area should have enough space and a smaller one might not be visible clearly to the audience as well.
Let us now look at the reviews of some of the best magnetic whiteboards available in the market.
Best Magnetic Whiteboards
#1 Roger & Moris Magnetic White Board Combo (3 feet x 2 feet)
This is one of the best board available in the market and the board comes with a magnetic duster, markers and magnetic buttons. The frame of this board is made of anodized aluminium and the corner is reinforced with the help of abs plastic. The front of the board is resin coated for easy use and maintenance.
- Compact Design
- Easy to Mount
- Very Sturdy with a good frame
- Board is not scratchproof and hence requires a certain degree of care.
#2 Roger & Moris White Board (2 feet X 1.5 feet)
If you are looking for something that is smaller than the one listed above then this could be the right choice for you. The board is also from Roger & Moris which is one of the best brand available in the market. The aluminium frame adds strength to the board and it can be used with a stand or by hanging it on the wall.
- Compact Whiteboard with a small size
- Strong Aluminium frame
- The waterproof surface which is easy to maintain
- Non-magnetic material used to make the board
- Not available in a combo with marker and duster
#3 Roger & Moris Magnetic White Board Combo (2′ x 1.5′)
If you are not happy with the model which is listed above then this is the enhanced version of the product listed on number 2 with a magnetic surface. The board is again a compact one with a high-quality resin coating in the front. Once again, the board comes with a combo back where 1 marker, 1 duster and 2 magnetic buttons are included. These buttons can be used to clip a paper to the board as well.
- Available in Combo at an affordable price
- High-quality material used with a good design concept which last years
- Can be hanged to the wall or can be used with a stand
- Implements a basic design
#4 Signmark Magnetic Board, 3 cm x 45 cm x 60 cm
If you are looking for some other brand apart from Roger & Moris then you can also have a look at the products from Signmark. This particular version is available in 3 sizes and it is one of the best-rated product in the market. The aluminium frame is strong and the material used is of very high quality
- Very affordable when compared to other products
- Sturdy design
- Available in 3 sizes
- Not available in Combo
- Prone to scratches
#5 Store2508® Magnetic White Board Sheet (43 * 30 cm) – Dry Erase. Includes 4 Markers & One Duster. Can Be Stuck on Refrigerator or Any Metal Surface
If you are looking for something really compact and easy to use then this is the perfect product for you. This is more of a glossy sheet which can be stuck on to any of the metallic surfaces. It can be used not only for the purpose of writing notes but you can also use this sheet by kids as well. This comes with 4 markers and a duster as well.
- Very lightweight and very easy to use.
- Sticks to any metal surface
- Lightweight and available in combo
- Cheapest one available in the market
- Doesn’t comes with a rigid structure
- Can’t be mounted on the wall
#6 Roger & Moris Abs Plastic White Board (3 X 2 Ft)
This is one of the most affordable models from Roger & Moris. You can opt for this one without a doubt and you will be happy with the performance of the board. The board is perfect for personal studies and for group studies as well. The board is made of hard smooth particles which makes it really durable
- Aluminium frame with ABS corners to add strength
- Compact and affordable
- Non-magnetic board
- Not available in combo
#7 Chrome 9805 Magnetic Whiteboards and Duster & 2 Marker Combos (Set of 1, White)
Next on the list is a product from Chrome and this is available in a size of 45 cm x 60 cm. the board is durable and the best part about the magnetic board is that it comes with a tray under the board which can be used to store markers and other such things. Easy to erase and it comes with a duster along with 2 markers of different colours.
- Strong frame and sturdy design with tray
- Good quality material used and easy to clean
- Available in one size only
#8 Board Rite Premium Magnetic White Board (4 feet x 3 feet)
The last one on our list is board rite magnetic whiteboard. You can use this horizontally or vertically. The board can be mounted to the wall or you can use a stand for it as well. The board is easy to clean and no stain is left behind while you are erasing the marker
- Easy to use and good quality
- Available in large size
- This is one of the most expensive product in the list
This was all about magnetic whiteboards. It can get a little difficult to transport the whiteboard from one location to another so we would recommend you to order it online as you also get a free delivery option with most of the products.